Update a course offering on the Study website
Different components of the course pages are managed by different teams, refer to the course page infographic before submitting a request to the respective area.
Before requesting updates to your course page, review this checklist to ensure all content is up to date and correct.
This page is specifically for course offering study pages, if looking to update a general webpage refer to Request updates to a webpage.
Course study package details include:
- Course description (about offering) *
- Admission criteria for domestic students (i.e. Australian/New Zealand) including:
- Admission criteria for applicants with recent secondary education **
- Admission criteria for applicants with higher education study
- Admission criteria for applicants with vocational education and training (VET) study
- Admission criteria for applicants with work and life experience.
- Entry requirements for international students including:
- Essential international course prerequisites
- Desirable international course prerequisites
- General international admission criteria **
- Others notes for this course
- Essential requirements (fieldwork statements)
- Hiding a course from the Study at Curtin website ***
* Please note that course description information also appears in the Curtin Handbook and is updated in Akari. Promotional content, including keywords and search engine optimisation (SEO) for the about offering tab, is developed in consultation with University Marketing.
** For changes to ATAR, International Cut Off Scores and English Requirements please see the relevant section below.
*** Please ensure the rationale / extenuating circumstances for hiding an offering from the Study at Curtin website is provided at the time of request.
To request an update to course study package details, please complete the relevant update request below and send it to the Course Administration Management Team: email@example.com.
- Availability information for courses or units include:
- Study mode
- Teaching area
- Study period
Please note: Availability information is recorded in Student One based on the annual Availability audit. Subsequent changes to Availabilities can only be made by the CAM team on approval from Head of School.
To request an update to Availability information or to submit a query about the display of Fee information for courses or units, please contact your faculty CAM contact:
Changes to ATAR information require approval via the Course Approval Process to Academic Board for sign-off by DVC-Academic. These changes should be submitted through the Akari Curriculum Management System (Akari).
Please note ATAR is now also recorded in Akari.
Application information include:
- Application deadlines
- Application requirements (supplementary information)
- How to apply
Generic statements include:
- Applicant types
- General admission criteria / entry requirements
- Minimum international entry requirements (country specific)
- Essential requirements
- Advanced standing / CRL
- English language proficiency
- Next steps.
To submit a query or request an update, please email Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Course promotional material
Before you can make any changes to course promotional material you will need access to the Learning Offering Unit (LOU), the system we use to update information on the course offering pages. Please contact Digital and Technology Solutions (DTS) to arrange this.
LOU promotional material includes:
- Short Names
- Images or Videos
- Unique Selling Points
- Course Outline
- Professional Recognition
To request an update, please submit a request to the University Marketing team.
How to update course content on the Learning Offering Unit (LOU)
The following are tutorials on how to update specific sections through LOU if you have access.
Updating and adding testimonials
Before you add a testimonial to the course page you will need:
- A testimonial statement. Ideally about 25 words
- A suitable image cropped to a headshot only. Ideal size 255px x 255px (Adding a photograph is not essential)
How to add a testimonial:
Updating and adding a Short Name
- To create your short name please refer to AKARI for accurate codes and titles.
- Log into LOU and review the Short Name example image.